In This Section
FAQs & How to Handle the Odd Exceptions
As a Training Provider below are some questions you may ask yourself when going through the submission process especially for the first couple times or, perhaps, if you run into the odd exception.
Energy Safety Canada is creating a process that is efficient and will support you. If you require assistance or do not see an answer for a question you have, please send an email to Certifications@EnergySafetyCanada.com
COURSE INFORMATION SCREEN
- What do the *s mean on the first screen?
- It means that this information is required (Course, Start Date, File uploaded, Instructor). You need to be very careful when entering the data on this screen, because you won't be able to modify or correct any inaccuracies when you click "Next". The student and grade information will be captured in the next screen.
- Why is the course selection list so short?
- The list only displays the ones you provide, to keep things efficient for you.
- I just realized that I missed scanning one exam, now what?
- Unfortunately, if the inaccurate file has already been submitted, then send an email to Certifications@EnergySafetyCanada.com to cancel the incorrect session.
- Ensure you have all the documents and forms scanned properly in the PDF file. Then you will need to re-submit the entire course package.
- PRIOR TO SCANNING, what if a student has been unsuccessful in the course and/or failed the exam?
- Ensure that you write "VOID" across the temporary certificate prior to scanning the exam and temporary certificate to Energy Safety Canada.
COURSE RESULTS SCREEN
- After uploading the student and course information, what do the red fields mean?
- Red is used to flag a required field that is not meeting the necessary conditions.
NOTE: some of the red fields will not appear until the "Submit" button is clicked, as that is when all the conditions are fully checked.
- Where are the conditions for each field identified?
- What if I added a student and now need to remove him/her from that class?
- To delete that entire row of data representing that student and his/her information, right click and select "Remove Row".
- Why do addresses need just the "Building Number" and "Postal Code" for required fields?
- When mailing the certificates, all Canada Post needs is the "Postal Code" and then narrow that down to the "Building Number". Although the rest is additional information, If there is a typo in the Postal Code, this is where having that information is helpful. The Building Number is important and it represents many things; it could be:
- a house number
- a Building and usually requires the Apartment Number to be entered as well
- a Box Number ("Building Number" = 10, "Street" = Box)
- more examples, which appear in the SAMPLE template
- What if the grade for the student is a percentage? Is that OK?
- Yes. It must be a percentage. Decimals are not allowed (anything with a decimal .5 and higher round up; everything else round down). 80.6 = 81 and 80.2 = 80
MAIL IN EVALUATIONS
- When are we supposed to mail in Evaluations?
- Evaluations are to be mailed in at the end of each week. Multiple evaluations can be sent in 1 envelope and grouped by course. For each course ensure to clearly identify the Course Name, Course Date and Instructor.
In This Section
CustomerService [at] EnergySafetyCanada [dot] com