In This Section
Enform's Commitment to Privacy
At Enform, we take the issue of safeguarding privacy very seriously. We respect and are committed to protecting the confidentiality and security of Personal Information entrusted to us, and ensuring that all Personal Information we hold is collected, used and disclosed in compliance with all applicable federal and provincial privacy requirements ("Privacy Legislation"). Canada has two federal privacy laws, the Privacy Act and the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. Alberta has the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and regulation and Personal Information Protection Act, Saskatchewan has Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and regulations and the Local Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and regulations, and finally British Columbia has the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and Personal Information Protection Act.
1.4 ENFORM'S PRIVACY PRACTICES
- Enform is responsible for safeguarding Personal Information in its possession or control. Enform will use appropriate means to provide a comparable level of protection when Personal Information is being processed by a third party.
- establishing procedures to receive and respond to inquiries and complaints regarding Personal Information;
- training staff and communicating with staff about Enform's policies and practices; and
- developing employee and student communications to explain Enform's policies and practices.
The contact information of the person currently designated as Enform's Privacy Officer is email@example.com.
B. Identifying Purposes for Collection
- Enform will document the purposes for which Personal Information is collected, and will only collect Personal Information for the identified purposes.
- Enform will specify to the individual, orally, electronically or in writing, the identified purposes at or before the time Personal Information is collected. Upon request, persons collecting Personal Information will explain these identified purposes or refer the individual to the Privacy Officer of Enform who will explain the purposes.
- In accordance with Privacy Legislation, Enform will identify and document any new purposes for which previously collected Personal Information may need to be used and disclosed, and obtain the consent of the individual where applicable.
C. Obtaining Consent for Collection, Use or Disclosure
- Enform will seek consent to use and disclose Personal Information at the same time it collects the information or in accordance with Privacy Legislation.
- In obtaining consent, Enform will ensure that an individual is advised of the identified purposes for which Personal Information will be used or disclosed. Purposes will be stated in a manner that can be reasonably understood.
- Examples of when Enform may collect, use and disclose Personal Information are to:
- verify an individual's identity;
- process a payment or invoice;
- provide a product or service that Enform offers;
- register an individual in a course and/or determine an individual's eligibility to register in a course whether such course is offered directly through Enform or through an Enform agent or franchisee.
- provide information to agents or franchisees of Enform regarding student registration in courses;
- provide the instructor and/or participants in a class or event with a list of attendees;
- provide an individual with an Enform certificate regarding a completed course;
- provide an individual with promotional/marketing materials as it relates to Enform's business;
- provide access for industry participants and their respective member organizations to verify student certification in accordance with Enform authorized certificate search policies.
- In determining the appropriate form of consent, Enform will take into account the sensitivity of the Personal Information, the reasonable expectations of the individuals involved, and the requirements of Privacy Legislation.
D. Limiting Collection of Personal Information
- Enform will collect, use and disclose Personal Information in accordance with Privacy Legislation and will limit the amount and type of Personal Information collected to that which is necessary to fulfill identified purposes.
- Enform collects Personal Information primarily from its employees and students, but Enform may also collect Personal Information from other sources to meet the requirements of its business.
E. Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention of Information
- Enform will keep Personal Information only as long as it remains necessary or relevant for the identified purposes or as required by law. Specifically, as an educational institution certifying individuals and companies in safety training, Enform retains all Personal Information on students who have completed an Enform course and have been certified as doing so for a time period of at least ninety-nine years from the date of completion.
- Enform will maintain reasonable and systematic controls, schedules and practices for information and records retention and destruction which apply to Personal Information that is no longer necessary or relevant for the identified purposes or required by law to be retained. Such information will be destroyed, erased or made anonymous.
F. Accuracy of Personal Information
- Those individuals who are party to any Enform benefit plans or receive other benefits from Enform shall ensure that their Personal Information, particularly information that deals with benefit entitlement or status, is kept current, and accurately reported.
- Enform will update Personal Information as and when necessary to fulfill the identified purposes or upon notification by the individual.
G. Security Safeguards
- Enform will use its commercial best efforts to protect Personal Information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, use, modification or destruction, through reasonable security measures. The nature of the safeguards will vary depending on the sensitivity of information collected.
- Enform will take all reasonable steps in the disposal or destruction of Personal Information, to seek to prevent unauthorized parties from gaining access to the Personal Information.
H. Openness Concerning Policies and Practices
- The information that Enform makes available about its policies and practices will include:
- the Email address, of the person(s) who is accountable for Enform's policies and practices regarding the management of Personal Information and to whom complaints or inquiries can be forwarded;
- the means of gaining access to Personal Information held by Enform;
- a copy of information that explains Enform's policies, standards or codes;
- the type of Personal Information made available to related organizations and the context and limitations of such Personal Information; and
- a description of the type of Personal Information held by Enform, including a general account of its use.
I. Individual Access to Personal Information
- Upon written request, Enform will provide individuals with the opportunity to review the Personal Information that Enform has collected regarding them, in accordance with the requirements of Privacy Legislation. Enform will advise the individual in advance of any charges for retrieval, reproduction or delivery of the Personal Information requested.
- In certain situations as specified in Privacy Legislation, Enform may not be able to provide access to all the Personal Information that it holds about an individual. For example, Enform may not provide access to information if doing so would likely reveal Personal Information about a third party or could reasonably be expected to threaten the life or security of another individual. Also, Enform may not provide access to Personal Information if disclosure would reveal confidential commercial information;
- if the information is protected by solicitor client privilege; if the information was generated in the course of a formal dispute resolution process; or, if the information was collected in relation to the investigation of a breach of an agreement or a contravention of a federal or provincial law. If, upon a request being made by an individual, access to his or her Personal Information cannot be provided, Enform will provide the reasons for denying access.
- In order to safeguard Personal Information, an individual will be required to provide sufficient identification information to permit Enform to authorize access to the Personal Information held regarding that individual. Any such identification information will be used only for this purpose.
- Individuals can obtain information or seek access to their Personal Information by contacting the Privacy Officer
J. Challenging Compliance
- Enform will maintain procedures for addressing and responding to all inquiries or complaints from individuals about Enform's handling of Personal Information.
- Enform will promptly correct or complete any Personal Information found to be inaccurate or incomplete. Any unresolved differences as to accuracy or completeness will be noted in the file in which the Personal Information is contained. Where appropriate, Enform will notify third parties having access to the Personal Information in question about any amended information or the existence of any unresolved differences.
- An individual that has concerns with Enform's privacy practices should contact Enform's Privacy Officer.
Website Privacy Practices
1.5 How Enform Collects Information from the Enform Website
When an individual visits the Enform website, no personally identifiable information is collected unless the individual consents to that collection. The Enform website collects non-personally identifiable information as follows:
1.5.1 Non-personally Identifiable Information
Information from visitors to the Enform website is not tracked on an individual basis; but rather, the information is collected on an aggregate basis that includes all site visitors. Any visit to the Enform website automatically generates session log data consisting of the Internet Protocol (IP) address from which the connecting computer came (which contains no personal information), the website that referred the computer to the Enform website, the pages that are visited by the user, the date and time of those visits; and, the amount of time spent on the Enform website. Enform uses this information to perform analytics on users' experience while using the site and to improve the functionality of Enform's website to better meet user wants and needs; identify popular features; measure site activity including peak site usage times; and, page visits and click throughs. These site metrics may be shared with Enform's affiliated service providers and others.
1.5.2 Cookies, Web Beacons and Advertisements
The Enform website uses "cookies", web beacons/GIF/pixel tags, and third-party advertising networks that use ads and other tracking technologies to collect aggregate or other non-personally identifiable information to develop website metrics and improve a user's online experience.
The Enform website may use session and/or persistent cookies to track user movement or other events across the website and the website of franchisees and business partners. A "cookie" is a small text file that helps Enform to improve the functionality of a user's visit to the Enform website. Several different types of cookies are used by the Enform website. A session cookie is stored only on a visiting computer's working memory (RAM) and only lasts for an individual's browsing session. When an individual closes all of the browser's windows or shuts down their computer, the session cookie disappears forever. A persistent cookie is stored on an individual's computer hard drive until a specified date. Persistent cookies stay on an individual's computer until they expire, they are overwritten by new cookies, or the individual manually removes them. Most browsers can be configured not to accept cookies, however, this may prevent a user from having access to some site functions or features.
The Enform website may use web beacons/GIF/pixel tags to help determine site metrics such as if a page has been viewed and how many times. In general, any electronic image viewed as part of a web page can act as a web beacon. When an individual requests information on a course or a newsletter, Enform may also use web beacons to establish how many of the emails are actually opened.
1.5.3 Collection and Use of Personally Identifiable Information on Enform's Website
There are instances where Enform requests Personal Information on the Enform website in order to provide the user with a service, information on a course, a newsletter or where a user participates in interactive online activities such as course registration. Enform may conduct voluntary online surveys to obtain a user's feedback. Enform requests e-mail addresses as a means of contacting a user if the user wishes to obtain ongoing information from Enform.
1.5.4 Links to other Websites
The Enform website may contain links to other websites. Enform encourages users to review the privacy statements of all sites which a user visits, including those whose links are provided, so that a user can understand how those sites collect, use and share a user's information. Enform is not responsible for the privacy statements, content or
data handling practices on other websites.
1.6 How Enform Uses and Discloses Information Collected From Enform's Website
1.7 Security and Accuracy of Information
When a user sends personal information to the Enform website, Enform uses "Secure Socket Layers" (SSL) to protect the user's data. SSL is encryption technology that helps safeguard personal information against misuse by unauthorized individuals.
1.8 Related Legislation and Policies
Federal- Privacy Act and Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
Alberta- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and regulation and Personal Information Protection Act.
Saskatchewan- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and regulations and the Local Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and regulations.
British Columbia- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and Personal Information Protection Act.
customerservice [at] enform [dot] ca