Enform is launching PST 2.0
Petroleum Safety Training (PST) 2.0 is an introductory course for all employees working in the petroleum industry. Enform is in the process of updating the course to PST 2.0 from the previous version of PST 1.25 with the launch in 2013.
Updates to the new version include:
- Improved video and graphics
- Length of the course has been shortened to four hours from six.
- The course can be completed at any time, from any computer with internet connection, eliminating the need for travel to a training site. For workers without internet access there will be computer lab providers available.
PST 2.0 is an interactive, multi-media program that provides a general introduction of health and safety hazards and how to control them so that work can be completed safely. It discusses the legal framework that employers must follow and focuses on workers' and employers' responsibilities with respect to health and safety at work.
The course is intended for all employees including new hires to the petroleum industry and as a refresher for experienced workers, supervisors and managers. Total running time of the program is approximately four hours.
1. Petroleum Industry Processes Overview
2. Rights and Responsibilities
3. Hazard Recognition, Assessment and Control
4. Personal Protective Equipment and Clothing
5. Education, Training and Competency
6. Safety Communication
7. Emergency response Planning and Incident Reporting
8. Special Topics in the Petroleum Industry
9. Personal Well-Being
Testing and Certification: Each topic is followed by a short skills test to ensure learner comprehension. Once the program is completed, a Completion Report can be printed indicating that you have completed the program and Enform will mail out a permanent certification card to the address we have on record.
Effective July 1, 2009 PST certificates no longer expire. This policy change pertains to certificates with or without printed dates of expiry. There is no Enform requirement to retake the PST if current certificate carries an expiry date.
If you have already logged in you can register through our course search page. To set up an account visit www.enformconnect.ca so you can register and view your profile online. To register by telephone call 1.800.667.5557
For more information please contact:
Program Advisor, Health and Safety