Special Oilfield Boilers
Learn how to identify the components, operation and field maintenance of the oilfield boiler and apply necessary troubleshooting and general safety procedures.
Rig personnel requiring a general knowledge of the safe operation of an oilfield boiler with a capacity of up to 1,000 kw, and for participants wanting to write the Alberta Boilers Safety Association (ABSA) Special Oilwell Operator exam.
- Boiler regulations, and basic principles
- Design of wellsite boilers
- Boiler construction and materials
- Boiler fittings
- Combustion and firing equipment
- Automatic boiler controls
- Boiler water treatment, operation and maintenance
- Pumps and injections
- Boiler operation, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Safety around boilers
To qualify for the examination, participants must meet the following ABSA criteria:
- Six months’ experience in an installation that involves a boiler or boilers operating as part of a transportable power plant at a drilling or hydrocarbon production site, OR;
- This Enform course is a preparatory program for individuals challenging the ABSA examination
- Your application must be approved prior to registering for this course.
- Participants are required to fill out the ABSA application form and submit it to Enform by email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 21 days prior to the Special Oilfield Boilers program
- Once Enform approves your application, we will submit it to ABSA on your behalf. The completed application form must be approved by ABSA in order to write the examination at the end of this course.
Upon successful completion of the exam that is conducted by the Alberta Boilers Safety Association (ABSA), you will be certified by ABSA as a Special Oilwell Operator. The ABSA Certificate is renewable by paying a yearly fee to ABSA.
For more information on ABSA Power Engineering, visit their website at absa.ca