Vapour Plume Ignition Training
Learn to safely and effectively deal with uncontrolled vapour plumes (from wells, pipelines, production and/or storage facilities).
This course has been updated to prepare all ignition team members to deal with this hazard. As per AER’s Directive 071, all ignition teams should have certified ignition training from Enform.
- Emergency response and public safety assessment
- Operational considerations affecting plume release
- Plume development and dispersion factors
- Pre-ignition hazard assessment
- Plume ignition equipment and procedures
- Additional theory
- Field practical exercise
- Various ignition devices are discussed
- Written exam
Participants must successfully demonstrate practical skills and complete the theoretical examination with a grade of 80% or higher. With the successful completion of this course, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion that does not expire.
- CSA approved hard hat
- CSA approved seasonal footwear
- CSA approved safety glasses
- Flame-resistant protective coveralls or clothing
- Seasonal leather gloves
- Enform has a limited number of free “loaner” flare pistols for student use. Each student will receive 10 flare cartridges - this $250.00 value is now included in the program fee. Students may bring their own flare pistol but are required to demonstrate to the instructor that their personal flare is in good working order.
- It is recommended that all students bring rain gear in the event of poor weather.
- Students should have basic firearms and range safety knowledge.
- The infield practical exercise portion of this course is delivered at our Genesee Ignition Training Facility. Students are required to provide their own transportation.